App that turns any person into a cardiac arrest first responder and life saver
WINNER: Grand Prize
The chances of surviving are 3x if a first responder is in the scene, but only ~20% of the people know what to do.
lifesaber is an Android and Android-wear app that solves this problem, by making anyone a first responder and life saver, doing the following:
- Guides anyone through correct CPR, with user friendly smartwatch interface
- Follows protocol to determine if CPR is needed
- Gives haptic and audible feedback to keep pushes in synch
- Automatically calls 911
- Alerts nearby app users to provide assistance
- Sends nearby Automated External Defibrillator (AED) locations
- Sends incident location
We used UPenn's MyHeartMap AED database and dumped it into MongoDB to get the nearest defibrilators to a person. All the background is managed by a lightweight Flask server that manages active users and has an alert listing.